THE NAVC ANNOUNCES VETTY AWARD WINNERS DURING VMX 2018
ORLANDO, FL — February 9, 2018 — Judgment day has arrived: the winners of the second annual Animal Health Marketing Awards were revealed at the Orlando County Convention Center during the 2018 VMX Veterinary Meeting Expo presented by the NAVC.
The NAVC, the world’s leading nonprofit dedicated to supporting the global veterinary health community, introduced the Animal Health Marketing Awards, aka, The VETTYs, in 2017 to recognize and reward the marketing, public relations, digital, social, design, events and creative work created on the behalf of animal health. The competition is open to products and services available through veterinarians or that supports the veterinary community, including pharmaceuticals, pet foods, diagnostic equipment, professional associations, pet advocate organizations and more.
“Animal health is a nearly $60 billion industry in the United States, and it’s driven in part by some of the most creative and intelligent marketing in the world” said NAVC CEO Thomas M. Bohn, MBA, CAE. “We created The VETTYs because we are continually blown away by the high level of creativity and intelligence that we see in all areas of animal health marketing, and feel it deserves to be formally recognized and rewarded.”
Over 170 awards were issued, including 44 Gold, 41 Silver and 88 Bronze medals. The Best of Show (For-Profit), Best of Show (Non-Profit), Judges Awards and NAVC Spotlight Award were announced at the VMX Concert presented by Merck Animal Health right before triple-Grammy® winner Rob Thomas hit the stage to rock the expo crowd.
- The animated “Sugar and Spike Public Service Video” created by Stein IAS and Merck Animal Health took home “Best in Show/For-Profit” honors
- The American Association of Feline Practitioners’ “Cat Friendly” Poster, created by Professional Management Associates, LLC took home “Best in Show/Non-Profit” honors
- Hill’s Pet Nutrition booth was awarded the NAVC Spotlight Award
- Bayer Animal Health Group’s “Cydectin Welcome Mat Brochure”, created by Grey Animal Health Group, was awarded the NAVC Spotlight (Large Animal) Award
- Judges Awards went to Boehringer Ingelheim and MSL for their “HEARTGARDIANS” in-clinic promotion; to Zoetis and Archer Malmo for Feline Revolution’s “Cat Logic”; and to Veteos for their Veteos Spokesdog video.
Said Bohn, “Congratulations to all of this year’s winners and entrants; the work you’re doing is a credit to the marketing communications profession and to the veterinary community – we look forward to celebrating it all again next year with an even bigger and better VETTYs competition.”
Grand Prize Winners
Boehringer Ingelheim HEARTGARD® Plus (ivermectin/pyrantel)
Veteos Spokesdog Video
Craig Spinks ,Colton Moyer, Ben Spinks
Social Media Campaign
Feline Revolution Zoetis
Kate Frank, Ashley Vogel, Adrienne Timberlake, Dennis Chmiel, Ben Helm, Amanda Dent, Michael Norris
Hill’s Pet Nutrition
Hill’s Pet Nutrition
Nicole Genarella, George Furman, Nate Seyer, Ellen Lowery
Cydectin Welcome Mat Brochure
Bayer Animal Health
Grey Health Group
Shelley Hanna, Rusty Nail, Jessica Phillips, Dudley Burt, Leslie Gilbert
AAFP Cat Friendly Practice Poster
American Association of Feline Practitioners
Professional Management Associates, LLC
Sugar & Spike Public Service Video
Merck Animal Health / Caninsulin
Michael Ruby, Catherine Barnes, Kristen Kremkau, Jonathan Keebler, Robotto